Preview - Real Madrid vs Las Palmas 6 Nov

Started by Bensergi, Nov 05, 2017, 05:51 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Bensergi

Real Madrid vs Las Palmas

Not a single Real Madrid player is in La Liga's top 15 scoring charts. Which pretty much explains the struggle they are experiencing. They could find themselves 11 points off the mark and the season is only around the one-third mark!

In the aftermath of a numbing 2-1 loss to Girona last weekend, Real Madrid went on to taste defeat for the first time in a Champions League group game for five years. They lost 3-1 to Tottenham at Wembley Stadium, although the result did little harm to their prospects of making the knockout stage, where they have a five-point lead over Borussia Dortmund.

Head coach Zinedine Zidane, in the worst crisis of his Real Madrid managerial career, is confident that Real have the time to turn their form ahead.

"No, I'm not worried, and never will be worried this season," said the Frenchman.

"Physically I must say I think my team is in good shape, right now it is a case of remaining psychologically calm and finding the goals that haven't been going in recently."

Gareth Bale is back in training and looks set to return for Real Madrid this week following a month on the sidelines. Keylor Navas looks set to miss out again, along with Mateo Kovacic. So too does Dani Carvajal, although the defender is back in training after recovering from a heart problem. Raphael Varane is in contention for a return after injury.

Bensergi

Match Stats:

• Real Madrid 3-0 Las Palmas
  • Shots: 20-3
  • Possession: 59%-41%
  • Corner kicks: 9-2

Go Up